On June 11, 2010, I asked the readers of the TechRepublic Microsoft Windows Blog this poll question:

How often does the Windows patch process hose your systems?

Looking at the results, I guess we can take a certain measure of reassurance in that 73% of the respondents very seldom or never see Microsoft Patch Tuesdays that hose their systems. However, that is probably little consolation to the other remaining 27% who experience problems on a fairly regularly basis.

One way to avoid problems is to be prepared for the patches as they are released. TechRepublic Contributor Justin James analyses all the Microsoft patches each month in a recurring series we call Microsoft Patch Tuesdays. Subscribe to the TechRepublic Microsoft Windows Blog or the Windows Desktop Newsletter and/or follow me on Twitter (markwkaelin@twitter) and you’ll be notified when we publish the blog post describing the patches each month.

By the way, tomorrow is another Microsoft patch day — are you ready for it?

Stay on top of the latest Microsoft Windows tips and tricks with TechRepublic’s Windows Desktop newsletter, delivered every Monday and Thursday. Automatically sign up today!