You read the title right–the only thing that would make transposing easier would be a magic blink. To tell the truth, transposing data has never been difficult using Excel’s built-in feature. There’s also a second method via the Paste command and it takes just a few clicks. Let’s walk through a simple example in Excel 2010:
- First, select the data (table, spreadsheet) that you want to transpose and copy it to the Clipboard using [Ctrl]+C. For instance, the example table (shown below) is in A1:E7.
- Select the top-left cell of the range you want to copy the transposed data to (A9 for instance).
- Click the Home tab (if necessary).
- Click the Paste dropdown in the Clipboard group.
- Click Transpose (the last icon on the second row).