Most people know blockchain as the secure ledger used to track transactions in cryptocurrency, but the technology is slowly being adapted to other business uses. In recent months, TechRepublic has reported on blockchain implementations including:
- Tracking drug integrity in the pharmaceutical industry
- Identifying aid recipients and managing resources by human rights organizations
- Tracking cargo in international shipping
However, TechRepublic's sister site, Tech Pro Research, wants to find out where blockchain stands with regard to adoption in the mainstream business world. In a short survey, Tech Pro Research is asking business professionals the following questions:
- What is your current level of knowledge about blockchain?
- Have you had any experience using cryptocurrency or smart contracts?
- Is your company researching, planning to use, or currently using blockchain?
- How do you think blockchain will affect your industry?
- Do you think blockchain will be a game changer in any industries?
- What effects, if any, do you think blockchain will play in your daily life in coming years?
This survey takes about five minutes to complete and responses will be used in an upcoming Tech Pro Research report, which will be published in conjunction with a TechRepublic/ZDNet special feature about blockchain. Anyone who completes the survey can receive a free copy of the report, which is usually only available to paying subscribers.
For results from past Tech Pro Research surveys, see the following:
- Survey: Smart office tech is widely adopted, but results are mixed for many professionals
- Research: Employee compliance is the main challenge to implementing cybersecurity strategy
- Infographic: Most workers say it will take a while for autonomous transportation to impact their job
For more on blockchain from TechRepublic and ZDNet, check out these articles:
- Blockchain: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- The future of blockchain: Which businesses are using it now, which industries will use it soon (TechRepublic)
- 28% of businesses experimenting with blockchain, but almost none run it in production (TechRepublic)
- Executive's guide to implementing blockchain technology (ZDNet)
- Decision time is here for blockchain, but are enterprises ready? (ZDNet)
- Google is experimenting with blockchain technology for use in the cloud: report (ZDNet)
Amy Talbott is an associate editor at TechRepublic. She edits CXO, mobility, and open source content, as well as research reports for Tech Pro Research.