Sybase launch a new set of tools to help developers integrate enterprise applications to mobile devices.
The software company today made available Sybase Unwired Accelerator 8.0, which allow developers to build custom mobile solutions that leverage existing enterprise applications such as SAP ERP, BMC Remedy Service Desk, Crystal Reports XI, Lotus Notes, JDBC databases, and Web services or Web applications to handheld devices.
-Sybase Unwired Accelerator 8.0 delivers on Sybase's vision for an Unwired Enterprise by providing superior technology that is secure and reliable for the mobile workforce," said Mark Geddes, Director of Mobility Solution for Sybase Australia & New Zealand in a statement released by the company.
New features in Sybase Unwired Accelerator 8.0 include:
- Enhanced application support for Business Objects XI, Crystal Reports XI, Lotus Notes 6.5, Remedy Service Management and SAP ERP
- Server push and differential synchronisation support for BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) devices
- New Eclipse-based mobile tooling in addition to Web-based tooling for the rapid development of both connected and disconnected mobile applications
- New .NET Compact Framework API to give .NET developers the ability to create sophisticated applications with support for enterprise-level synchronisation, persistence, transaction and server push capabilities.
- Connected and disconnected support for Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) devices that support MIDP 2.0 profiles and CLDC 1.0 runtime
- Support for SOA (Service Orientated Architecture), online/browser and smart/rich client architectures
- New Customisation Wizard for the BlackBerry which enables non-technical users to quickly customise the look and feel of the Sybase Unwired Accelerator Smart Client on BlackBerry devices
Sybase Unwired Accelerator 8.0 is available now. Prices for the new version are $46980 per CPU for unlimited users or $485 per named user. Both options include first year support and maintenance.