Every autumn, IdeaFestival brings together some of the world’s most prescient thinkers, authors, academics, engineers, entrepreneurs, artists, leaders, and innovators for an event that explores the future of technology, innovation, creativity, and society.
TechRepublic will be there again this year as one of the media sponsors of IdeaFestival 2015 and will be posting articles all week about the most interesting topics for technologists and business professionals.
The event runs from September 29 to October 1 at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts in Louisville, Kentucky–where the TechRepublic editorial department has had its headquarters since it first launched in 1999.
The theme of this year’s IdeaFestival is “Embrace the Danger of New Ideas” and some of the big topics that are the focus of this year’s event include:
- Artificial intelligence
- Reimagining college for the internet age
- The social impacts of technology
- Economics of a changing world
- Power structures and cultural patterns
- Space and the state of the universe
Look for articles on these topics every day this week on TechRepublic.
And, to keep up with our coverage of @IdeaFestival live on Twitter, follow:
More from IdeaFestival 2015
- Exomedicine: How space exploration could improve medicine on Earth
- IdeaFestival: 8 ways to improve economic outlook in the US
- Brevity: Speak less and say more
- We don’t understand the universe as a whole: Scientist at IdeaFestival tells why we’re off track
- Smart machines are about to run the world: Here’s how to prepare
- IdeaFestival: The 3 things businesses need to focus on to stay relevant
- The future of college: 10 alternative pathways in higher education
- It’s time to become aware of how machines ‘watch, judge, and nudge us,’ says Zeynep Tufekci
- Google engineer’s swarm of mini robots could be the future of exploring Mars, and much more