In case I haven’t said it enough, there really isn’t a good reason NOT to be reading John DeNardo’s SF Signal blog, if only because he’s got more Battlestar Galactica info than you can frakkin’ believe. While I found the above music video on my own, everything on the list below is lifted directly from a recent SF Signal post:
- Slate offers a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into a Battlestar Galactica script.
- See Battlestar Galactica on the Big Screen…For Free!
- SyFy Portal explains how having genre shows like Battlestar Galactica, Lost and Heroes move into the mainstream might have a negative effect on web site ratings.
- Lou Anders ponders the Cylons and God.
- BG moves to Sundays in January: Battlestar Galactica will move to a new timeslot starting Jan. 21, 2007: Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, following the premiere of the new original series The Dresden Files.
- Strike Entertainment and Universal Pictures will remake John Carpenter’s SF horror movie The Thing, with Battlestar Galactica executive producer Ronald D. Moore writing the script, Variety reported.
- Slice of SciFi #83 has an interview with Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica).
- YouTube has a Battlestar Galactica promo gag reel, not to be confused with the slightly funnier BG classic bloopers (See Adama in bed with Moffit!)
- Battlestar Galactica Politics-on-a-T-shirt: “Don’t blame me, I voted for Roslin”.
- Friday YouTube: The opening to Battlestar Galactica classic. I still love that theme music.
- From Twitch Guru: Harlan Ellison Interviews Ronald D. Moore, the man behind the new Battlestar Galactica.
- At Strange Horizons, Matthew Cheney discusses The Absence of Animals on Battlestar Galactica.
Besides SF Signal, Bootstrap Productions (the personal blog of TV writer Maggie Burns) is also a great spot for BSG analysis and jabber, such as:
- Chaucer likes Battlestar
- The transcript of Ron Moore’s interview at the Screenwriting Expo
- Team Agathon t-shirts