TechRepublic's Karen Roby sat down with Frank Abagnale, the real-life inspiration behind Steven Spielberg's hit movie Catch Me If You Can starring Leonardo DiCaprio, to discuss everything from cybersecurity and credit protection to cryptocurrency and the tech he fears most.
Frank Abagnale's unbelievable life story was made famous in Steven Spielberg's hit movie, Catch Me If You Can starring Leonardo DiCaprio. His life as a con man began when he impersonated an airline pilot.
TechRepublic's Karen Roby got the chance to sit down with Frank Abagnale to talk about everything from cryptocurrency to identify theft to the technology he's most concerned about at a place he's familiar with--an airport--more specifically, the Louisville-based Bowman Field Regional Airport.
SEE: Windows 10 security: A guide for business leaders (TechRepublic Premium)
Her interviews resulted in the four-part series Mastermind con man behind "Catch Me if You Can" talks Cybersecurity.
To read more download Mastermind con man behind Catch Me If You Can Talks Cybersecurity (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
- Famous con man turned cybersecurity expert urges credit freezing (TechRepublic)
- Why Frank Abagnale, security expert and inspiration for the hit movie Catch Me if You Can, likes blockchain and dislikes cryptocurrency (TechRepublic)
- How to become a cybersecurity pro: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- 10 dangerous app vulnerabilities to watch out for (TechRepublic download)
- Online security 101: Tips for protecting your privacy from hackers and spies (ZDNet)
- The best password managers of 2019 (CNET)
- Cybersecurity and cyberwar: More must-read coverage (TechRepublic on Flipboard)