TR member dcolbert is responsible for kindling the hottest discussion this past week with his thoughts about the “many eyes” vs. “security through obscurity” security models. Find out what other discussions and TechRepublic members were the most active on the boards.
Top 5 discussion threads:
- Linux vs. Windows: Suspending logic and reason for blind faith (dcolbert)
- Stealing Social Security Numbers is not identity theft? (Michael Kassner)
- Is job hopping (of the voluntary kind) good for your career? (Toni Bowers)
- Seven ideas for learning how to program (Chad Perrin)
- Why you should never trust Facebook (Chad Perrin)
TR members with the most total posts on the forums
- seanferd (86 posts)
- TobiF (79 posts)
- Oz_Media (77 posts)
- Michael Kassner and Palmetto (73 posts)
- OH Smeg (64 posts)
TR members with the most Thumbs for answering Questions
Top spam busters
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- Spam: The ultimate low in Verizon’s class act as a wireless carrier
- Help create TechRepublic’s FAQ
- Hal 9000 highlights TechRepublic Questions of the Week – Nov. 15, 2010
- TechRepublic swag from around the world
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
- TR member Garden Club gallery
If you’d like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
You can now also purchase merchandise from the TechRepublic store on CafePress!
If you just celebrated a birthday, please let us know so that we can give you a shout out next year. Also, if your birthday is quickly approaching, we want to know that too!
For the 20 folks who watched last week’s video, I’m sorry to say that I’m not recording a video this week. With such low numbers, I can’t justify spending my time recording, publishing, and including them as an accompaniment to this weekly roundup. I’ll revisit it again next week. Until then, take care!
* I actually recorded a video this morning while I was at the veterinarian, but it was NOT a good hair day, so I’m just going to tell you about it. It occurred to me that the hottest post this past week was very similar to a cat and dog fight… looking around the room at the vet’s office, there were “many eyes” of dogs on leashes and a few “security through obscurity” cats in carriers. Do you get it? Oh well, I thought it was clever at the time. I might try another video again next week. Stay tuned!