Welcome back to TR Out Loud! I hope you are as eager to hear this new edition as we were to record it. There are quite a few shout-outs to regular members and a couple to newbies, as well. Listen to the podcast to find out if you’re a “sweet biscuit” or on the ShhhIT List!
Questions of the Week:
What was your first computer-like device?
What did the first program you created, outside a class assignment, do?
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free (866)-414-CNET (2638). Keep your answers under 30 seconds, or we won’t consider them! If we use your answer in next week’s show, you’ll get some TR gear, like T-shirts, mugs, etc.
Don’t like what you hear? Tell us in this blog’s discussion. Feel free to give us suggestions for improving the show, features you’d like to hear, or whatever strikes your fancy!
Top discussion threads:
- Friday Night Music
- Sci-fi rant: Why giant mecha robots are stupid
- Sci-fi and fantasy books that “make you dumb”
- Encryption blurs admissible evidence in child porn case
- The Internet and IRL (In Real Life)- have the lines blurred?
Who has the most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena?
Question of the Week: Provided by TheChas.
- Jessie – who’s shaving her head for St. Baldrick’s
St. Baldrick’s is the world’s biggest volunteer-driven fund raising program for childhood cancer. Donate!
- Happy Birthday, Jaqui!
- ThumbsUp2 (Calm down!)
- Inky960 (Welcome to TR. Don’t get scared and run away yet. Wait until something really scary happens!)
- rcottrell88 (No, kiss MY spam!)
Tribute to Palmetto:
We know what you wrote, and we secretly loved it!