If you’ve published software in Google Play, you know that no matter how awesome your app is it’s easy for it to get lost in the mix. The folks at Google know this too. I’ve noticed the company’s recent efforts to assist developers with the task of helping potential customers find their apps.
One such effort is the free Google Play Badge Promotion tool. Accessible from any web browser, you can now generate a “get it on Google Play” badge to use on your websites and blogs. It’s fast, easy, and best of all free. What are you waiting for?
1. Use this link to access the tool: http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/promote/badges.html.
2. Select a language for the badge (Figure A).
3. Enter a package or publisher name for your app (Figure B).
4. Choose one of the available sizes and styles (Figure C).
5. Click the Build My Badge button (Figure D).
6. Click the Try It button just to make sure your new badge sends customers to the correct app in the store (Figure E).
7. Copy the generated HTML code onto your site or blog (Figure F).