Most of us use the left mouse button to move text in a Word document. Simply highlight the text and then hold down the left mouse button and drag the text someplace else. When you use the left button this way, Word deletes the text from its original spot. It’s just a more efficient way of using Cut and Paste from the Edit menu.
Moving the text isn’t the only mouse alternative. Use the right mouse button in the same way to display a context menu with more options:
- Move Here works similarly to the left button.
- Copy Here pastes the text in the new location but doesn’t delete the original text.
- Link Here is similar to Copy Here with one enhancement — if you edit the original text, Word also updates the copied text.
- Create Hyperlink Here appears for appropriate items and creates a hyperlink.
- Cancel returns you to the document without taking any action.