In this episode of TROLOV (TR Out Loud on Video), Head Blogs Editor Toni Bowers recaps her recent posts that the TR community is talking about, four of which made the top five discussions of the week. You go, Toni! You’ll also find out which TR members are burning up the boards and other contributions to this week’s show. If you’re not a fan of video (sorry about the Flash, Jaqui), you can choose to just listen to the audio file.
Top discussion threads:
- Number of women entering IT field drops
- When IT pros go bad
- IT and Hollywood: The reality gap
- 10 mispronunciations that make you sound stupid
- TR Member Spotlight with Maxwell Edison
Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena this week?
- Peconet Tietokoneet (12 thumbs)
- True Blue (10 thumbs)
- OH Smeg (5 thumbs)
- Jellimonsta and NetMan1958 (3 thumbs)
- The Altruist, ThumbsUp2, and w2ktechman (2 thumbs)
Most Comments in the TR Forums this week?
- Peconet Tietokoneet (162 posts)
- boxfiddler (156 posts)
- True Blue (138 posts)
- jdclyde (134 posts)
- NickNielson (118 posts)
Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag
Many thanks to Steve Hascall, The Scummy One, Jellimonsta, Hal 9000, and jdclyde for sending in e-mails for this week’s show, including photos and answers to CG IT’s Question of the Week: “What are your hobbies outside of computers?”
This week’s Question of the Week was submitted by Hal 9000: “What do you do to try to keep up with new technological developments and retain a full-time job?”
Send all comments, questions, photos, and video clips to TROL at cnet.com. To leave a voice message, call our toll free number is (866)-414-CNET (2638). If you’re an International TR member, our Skype ID for voice messages is tr.out.loud.
Remember: One of the easiest ways to get TR swag, and thus increase your status in the TR community, is to participate in TROLOV. TR goodies including mugs, shirts, toolkits, frisbees, disposable cameras, and the following list of premium products:
- IT Vendor Management Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- IT Managers Hiring Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- PC Troubleshooter Resource Guide, Fifth Edition (Book with CD-ROM included)
- IT Security Survival Guide, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional’s Guide to Project Management, Volume 2 (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- Administrator’s Guide to TCP/IP, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional’s Guide to Desktop Control, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)