It’s another lucky Friday the 13th at TechRepublic, and TR Out Loud on Video (TROLOV) is back again with your weekly dose of highlights on the site, including the top discussions and members on the forums. If you’re not a fan of video (sorry about the Flash, Jaqui), you can choose to just listen to the audio file.
Top discussion threads:
- 10 reasons why Linux isn’t triumphing over Linux
- Express yourself with new emoticons in the Community Forums
- Explaining concepts can be a challenge with some users
- How Linux can finally rise above Microsoft
- Laid off: Fight the urge to vent
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- TR Member Spotlight with santeewelding
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week – March 9, 2009
- TR Garden club
- Friday night music
- Friday Yuk
- Two for Tuesday
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you’d like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send me your photos.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!
Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena over the past week
- christianshiflet and Jacky Howe (5 thumbs)
- seanferd, robo_dev, Tony Hopkinson, OH Smeg, and Peconet Tietokoneet (3 thumbs)
- BFilmFan, itmanagement, and —TK— (2 thumbs)
Most Comments in the TR Forums this week
- Jacky Howe (98 posts)
- OH Smeg (87 posts)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (85 posts)
- Oz_Media (84 posts)
- seanferd (83 posts)
TR Member participation
Thanks to TR members Jaqui, GG, CG IT, and Hal 9000 for participating in this episode of TROLOV.
Last week’s Question of the Week submitted by TR member betageek52 was: “Can you make up a 10 things list about new 10 things posts we can cover on TR?” Since we didn’t receive many answers, I’m going to keep this question open for one more week. Please send your 10 10 things suggestions to trol at techrepublic.com.
Also, we’d love it if you joined in jdclyde’s global game of tag. To play, leave a voice message either on our toll free number — (866) 414-2638 — or via Skype, and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag
If I mentioned your name on this episode of TROLOV, please send me your mailing address and swag item of choice. To earn some free TR swag of your very own, just send me an e-mail with an answer to the Question of the Week, a brand new Question of the Week, comments, photos, small videos, or even a voice message. Once again, our new e-mail address is trol at techrepublic.com, our toll free number is (866)-414-CNET (2638), and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
We have lots and lots of swag. If you’d like a complete listing, shoot me an e-mail, and I’ll send a reply.