Even though Sonja Thompson was out sick this week, Tammy Cavadas — TR’s Moderator — still came through with her weekly Spam Buster report. Be sure to check the blog notes for the top discussions and most active members on the boards. If you’re not a fan of video, you can choose to just listen to the audio file.
Top discussion threads:
- Netbooks are dead. Long live the notebook.
- Microsoft’s UAC: A change in philosophy from Vista to Windows 7?
- 10 things I’d like to see in the next version of Windows
- Beware of crazy recruiter tricks
- The Linux consultant: The Maytag repairman of the IT world
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- How to create a Windows 7 system repair disc
- TechRepublic Questions of the Week – November 17, 2009
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
If you’d like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for the TechRepublic Community Central newsletter!
Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena over the past week
- Michael Jay (17 thumbs)
- seanferd (16 thumbs)
- OH Smeg (13 thumbs)
- Jacky Howe (12 thumbs)
- boxfiddler (4 thumbs)
Most Comments in the TR Forums this week
- seanferd (180 posts)
- Palmetto (120 posts)
- Jacky Howe (119 posts)
- Oz_Media (75 posts)
- Michael Jay (70 posts)
Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag
If you’d like to earn some free TR swag, send in an e-mail with a Question of the Week, and answer to the Question of the Week, comments, photos/photo captions, or original video clips to trol at techrepublic.com. You can also leave a voice message — our toll free number is (866) 414-CNET (2638) and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
We have lots and lots of swag. If you’d like a complete listing, shoot me an e-mail, and I’ll send a reply.