In this week’s episode of TROLOV — that’s TR Out Loud on Video — you’ll learn what discussions and members were most active on the boards, the difference between camera snapshots and video, the proper way for a dog to eat spaghetti, and much more. If you’re not a fan of video (sorry about the Flash, Jaqui), you can choose to just listen to the audio file.
Top discussion threads:
- What to do about RFID chips in your wallet
- Do IT pros smoke too much?
- Test your knowledge of Windows XP performance again
- The geek movies you’re embarrassed you like
- a. 10 things to love and hate about TR
b. Is it time for a TechRepublic Convention?
Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena over the past two weeks?
- Peconet Tietokoneet (21 thumbs)
- OH Smeg and Jacky Howe (13 thumbs)
- w2ktechman, larry, and 1bn0 (3 thumbs)
- cyber.crome007, bwilmot, ThumbsUp2, Old Mycroft, p.j.hutchison, willcomp, and BFilmFan (2 thumbs)
- TheChas (1 thumb)
Most Comments in the TR Forums this week?
- boxfiddler (233 posts)
- jdclyde (199 posts)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (155 posts)
- OH Smeg (133 posts)
- OnTheRopes (109 posts)
Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag
Many thanks to CG IT, gadgetgirl, TiggerTwo, Hal 9000, Dumphrey, and Barbara Bryon for sending in videos, pictures, Questions of the Week, and more for this week’s show. Please send me an e-mail, and I’ll hook you up with some swag.
I would be absolutely THRILLED if everyone took a stab at the Mystery Object of the Week, the “Who is this TR Member” photo, and the Question of the Week, which was sent in by Dumphrey: “What’s the most outrageous budget scam – I mean business needs proposal – that TR members have managed to get away with?” Send your guesses/answers to trol at cnet.com.
You can also send in a new Question of the Week, comments, photos, or even small video clips for next week’s show. If you feel like leaving a voice message, we have a couple options for that as well! Our toll free number is (866)-414-CNET (2638); and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
We have new swag!! You can be one of the first members to win a TechRepublic lanyard. All you have to do is send me something for TROLOV. Sounds easy, right? It is. If you’re not interested in a lanyard, we have plenty of other offerings, including mugs, shirts, pens, balls, toolkits, frisbees, disposable cameras, and the following lists of premium products:
- IT Vendor Management Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- IT Managers Hiring Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- PC Troubleshooter Resource Guide, Fifth Edition (Book with CD-ROM included)
- IT Security Survival Guide, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional’s Guide to Project Management, Volume 2 (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- Administrator’s Guide to TCP/IP, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional’s Guide to Desktop Control, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- Fast Track: SAMS Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL, and Apache All in One
- Fast Track: Dreamweaver 8
- Fast Track: Project Management
- Fast Track: HTML
- Fast Track: IT Help Desk Survival Guide, Third Edition
- Fast Track: Microsoft Project 2003/2002/2000
- Fast Track: Microsoft Project 98/2000/2002
- Fast Track: Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000
- Fast Track: Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP
- Fast Track: Microsoft Access 2003
- Fast Track: Microsoft Excel 2003
- Fast Track: Microsoft Excel 97/2000/XP
- TechMails Tech Tips for Windows Administrators (NT, 2000 Pro, and 2000 Server)
- IT Manager’s Tool Kit, Volume 2
- Network Administrator’s Tool Kit
- IT Consultant’s Tool Kit
- IT Consultant’s Tool Kit, Volume 2
- IT Help Desk Survival Guide, Volume 2
- Small Office Took Kit
- Tech Tips for Exchange Administrators, Second Edition
- Tech Tips for Outlook Support, Second Edition
- Tech Tips for Windows XP Professional
- IT Vendor Management Tool Kit
- Essential IT Forms
- Linux Network and Systems Administration
- Landing Your Next IT Job
- Developer’s Guide to Web Services
- Building .NET Solutions