TechRepublic’s moderator, Tammy Cavadias, was at TechRepublic’s Mothership in Louisville, KY, this week. It was the perfect time to get her in front of the camera! Tammy and Sonja Thompson recap the weekly highlights at TechRepublic, plus have a little fun in the process. If you’re not a fan of video (sorry about the Flash, Jaqui), you can choose to just listen to the audio file.
Top discussion threads:
- Which virus protection software do you use? Take the poll.
- Sys Admin job description has reader baffled
- 10 things you should do before, during, and after reinstalling Windows
- Is there a future for locally owned PC retailers?
- Friday Nite Music …starting on a sad note
Also, be sure to check out the TR Member pet pics and the TR Member tattoo pics galleries. Since Halloween is right around the corner, we would love to create a TR Member Halloween costume gallery! Send me your photos — pets, tattoos, and/or Halloween costumes (past or present).
Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena over the past two weeks?
- Peconet Tietokoneet (31 thumbs)
- Jacky Howe (19 thumbs)
- OH Smeg (16 thumbs)
- larry and The Scummy One (6 thumbs)
- ThumbsUp2 (5 thumb)
Most Comments in the TR Forums this week?
- boxfiddler (146 posts)
- jdclyde (124 posts)
- OH Smeg (115 posts)
- Old Mycroft (113 posts)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (109 posts)
Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag
Many thanks to rags, skipb, Bizzo, boxfiddler, BFilmFan, Hal 9000, ken, 1bn0, OnTheRopes, CG IT, Jacky Howe, larry, and all of the TR members who sent in guesses for the Mystery Object of the Week and the “Who is this TR Member?” photo. If I mentioned your name on this episode of TROLOV, please send me an e-mail, and I’ll hook you up with some swag.
Last week’s Question of the Week, sent in by Dumphrey, didn’t get any responses, so we’ll keep it open for one more week: “What’s the most outrageous budget scam – I mean business needs proposal – that TR members have managed to get away with?” Send your guesses/answers to trol at cnet.com.
You can also send in a new Question of the Week, comments, photos, or even small video clips for next week’s show. Why isn’t anyone calling and leaving me a voice message? I don’t feel the love! Our toll free number is (866)-414-CNET (2638); and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
We have even more new swag!! Last week, we showcased the TechRepublic lanyards. This week, we have customized TechRepublic stress balls! We also have plenty of other offerings, including mugs, shirts, pens, balls, toolkits, frisbees, disposable cameras, and the following lists of premium products:
- IT Vendor Management Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- IT Managers Hiring Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- PC Troubleshooter Resource Guide, Fifth Edition (Book with CD-ROM included)
- IT Security Survival Guide, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional’s Guide to Project Management, Volume 2 (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- Administrator’s Guide to TCP/IP, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional’s Guide to Desktop Control, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- Fast Track: SAMS Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL, and Apache All in One
- Fast Track: Dreamweaver 8
- Fast Track: Project Management
- Fast Track: HTML
- Fast Track: IT Help Desk Survival Guide, Third Edition
- Fast Track: Microsoft Project 2003/2002/2000
- Fast Track: Microsoft Project 98/2000/2002
- Fast Track: Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000
- Fast Track: Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP
- Fast Track: Microsoft Access 2003
- Fast Track: Microsoft Excel 2003
- Fast Track: Microsoft Excel 97/2000/XP
- TechMails Tech Tips for Windows Administrators (NT, 2000 Pro, and 2000 Server)
- IT Manager’s Tool Kit, Volume 2
- Network Administrator’s Tool Kit
- IT Consultant’s Tool Kit
- IT Consultant’s Tool Kit, Volume 2
- IT Help Desk Survival Guide, Volume 2
- Small Office Took Kit
- Tech Tips for Exchange Administrators, Second Edition
- Tech Tips for Outlook Support, Second Edition
- Tech Tips for Windows XP Professional
- IT Vendor Management Tool Kit
- Essential IT Forms
- Linux Network and Systems Administration
- Landing Your Next IT Job
- Developer’s Guide to Web Services
- Building .NET Solutions