TROLOV — that’s TR Out Loud on Video — is back again to educate and entertain the TR community about the weekly happenings on the TechRepublic forums. If you’re not a fan of video (sorry about the Flash, Jaqui), you can choose to just listen to the audio file.
Top discussion threads:
- Hiring manager: Step away from the Facebook!
- 10 reasons why you should use the Opera browser
- a. What buzzword would you eliminate from the English language?
b. When is it time to retire an old PC?
- Sanity check: Is Microsoft for grown-ups and Google for kids?
- Exactly one week away- the Pink Ribbon Brigade marches on!
Other off-topic threads you don’t want to miss:
- To all my GREAT TR peers – you guys are GREAT!
- A challenge for the top 100 Come on guys lets step up
- Avatars For Use — Tiggers 3-Day — Get em while they last
- TR Member pet pics
Most “Thumbs Up” in the TR Questions arena over the past two weeks?
- Peconet Tietokoneet (11 thumbs)
- OH Smeg (8 thumbs)
- ThumbsUp2 (7 thumbs)
- Jacky Howe (6 thumbs)
- Churdoo (4 thumbs)
Most Comments in the TR Forums this week?
Here are the real numbers… Of course, I caught the mistake after the video recording.
- boxfiddler (269 posts)
- OnTheRopes (212 posts)
- jdclyde (159 posts)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (148 posts)
- jck (111 posts)
Voice messages, e-mails, and photos = swag
Many thanks to CG IT, Jimmy-jam, Hal 9000, and CaptBilly1Eye, shasca, Old Mycroft, and everyone who sent in guesses for the “Name that TR member” photo. Hal 9000 also submitted a Mystery Object of the Week. Submit your answers for both items to TROL at cnet.com.
Here’s a closer look at the Mystery Object:
Please keep participating! You can send comments, questions, photos, small video clips, or even voice messages. Our toll free number is (866)-414-CNET (2638); or you can leave a message via Skype, and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
Send me something for TROLOV, and I’ll hook you up with some sweet TR swag. We have TONS of free stuff to give away, including mugs, shirts, toolkits, frisbees, disposable cameras, and the following lists of premium products:
- IT Vendor Management Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- IT Managers Hiring Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- PC Troubleshooter Resource Guide, Fifth Edition (Book with CD-ROM included)
- IT Security Survival Guide, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional’s Guide to Project Management, Volume 2 (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- Administrator’s Guide to TCP/IP, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional’s Guide to Desktop Control, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- Fast Track: SAMS Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL, and Apache All in One
- Fast Track: Dreamweaver 8
- Fast Track: Project Management
- Fast Track: HTML
- Fast Track: IT Help Desk Survival Guide, Third Edition
- Fast Track: Microsoft Project 2003/2002/2000
- Fast Track: Microsoft Project 98/2000/2002
- Fast Track: Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000
- Fast Track: Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP
- Fast Track: Microsoft Access 2003
- Fast Track: Microsoft Excel 2003
- Fast Track: Microsoft Excel 97/2000/XP
- TechMails Tech Tips for Windows Administrators (NT, 2000 Pro, and 2000 Server)
- IT Manager’s Tool Kit, Volume 2
- Network Administrator’s Tool Kit
- IT Consultant’s Tool Kit
- IT Consultant’s Tool Kit, Volume 2
- IT Help Desk Survival Guide, Volume 2
- Small Office Took Kit
- Tech Tips for Exchange Administrators, Second Edition
- Tech Tips for Outlook Support, Second Edition
- Tech Tips for Windows XP Professional
- IT Vendor Management Tool Kit
- Essential IT Forms
- Linux Network and Systems Administration
- Landing Your Next IT Job
- Developer’s Guide to Web Services
- Building .NET Solutions