Microsoft is continuing the slow trickle of news about Windows 10, along with an updated test build for its Windows 10 Desktop SKU. ZDNet Microsoft reporter Mary Jo Foley is tracking the latest on what Microsoft has disclosed – and still has yet to share – about its coming Windows 10 OS.
On Monday, February 9, Tech Pro Research hosted a live, online event with Microsoft expert Mary Jo Foley. This Microsoft analyst call and Q&A was exclusively for Tech Pro Research subscribers.
During the first half of this February conference call, Mary Jo covered the following topics:
- What’s coming on the Windows 10 mobile and IoT fronts
- What’s Microsoft release timeline now looking like for Windows 10
- Rumors about Windows 10 SKUs
- Separating fact and fiction on the Windows 10 pricing and updating fronts
During the second half, she answered attendee questions. Here’s a recording of the live event (edited for time).
About Mary Jo Foley
Mary Jo Foley has covered the tech industry for 25 years for a variety of publications, including ZDNet, eWeek and Baseline. She is the author of Microsoft 2.0: How Microsoft plans to stay relevant in the post-Gates era (John Wiley & Sons, 2008). She also is the cohost of the “Windows Weekly” podcast on the TWiT network. Here’s a list of Mary Jo’s recent Tech Pro Research articles:
- Microsoft’s Internet of Things strategy: Ambitious, diverse, and business-friendly
- Microsoft wants you on the cloud — and it has several tricks to get you there
- Build your deployment strategy with the help of this 2014 Microsoft product roadmap
- Microsoft’s latest mobile platforms bring back more business-friendly features
- Microsoft enterprise primer on Office 365: Past, present, and future