This handy roundup offers Windows 7 tips on everything from disabling Snap to restoring the Quick Launch Bar to limiting the applications your users can run.
Everybody likes a good Windows tip — something that eliminates an annoyance, streamlines a task, gives you a little more control, or offers useful customization of a particular feature. Of course, not all tips are ideal for all people, so it's nice when a bunch of them are pulled together so you can pick and choose. That's the goal of this download, which provides a healthy assortment of tricks we thought might come in handy. And for those who'd rather zero in on just certain tips on the site, here's a list of links to enable you to jump straight to items of interest:
- Disable Snap in Windows 7
- Add Internet Search to the Windows 7 Start menu
- Change the launch directory to show all drives in Windows Explorer
- Reveal hidden system files in Windows Explorer
- Restore the Quick Launch Bar in Windows 7
- Move and Copy files the old tried-and-true way in Windows 7
- Get the most out of Windows XP Mode with these tips
- Change and customize Windows 7's Logon screen wallpaper
- Configure Windows 7 to run only specific applications
- Move the Recycle Bin to the Taskbar in Windows 7
Check out 10 Things... the newsletter
Get the key facts on a wide range of technologies, techniques, strategies, and skills with the help of the concise need-to-know lists featured in TechRepublic's 10 Things newsletter, delivered every Friday. Automatically sign up today.