If you're tired of all the scrapping, get some Apple news that isn't about the iPhone. New survey shows increased enterprise interest in Apple devices, plus a new line of external hard drives for the Mac.
A survey conducted by ITIC/Sunbelt (Information Technology Intelligence Corp.) has some good news in it for Apple in this week of uncharacteristically harsh criticism over the iPhone 4 issues. According to the survey interest in Macs, iPads, and yes, iPhones, is significantly up among business users as compared to the last survey.
- When asked to rate satisfaction with the performance, reliability and security of Apple devices, approximately two-thirds of participants rated the performance and reliability of Apple devices as "Excellent" or "Very Good."
- 23 percent of surveyed IT managers said they've already purchased or ordered the iPad and another 18 percent said they plan to purchase an iPad within the next nine months.
- Of those who already have iPads, 86% were using them for both personal and business uses.
- 82 percent of participants said they use their iPhones to access corporate Email and data.
- 7 percent of respondents said they have more than 250 Macs in their enterprise, up from only 2% In the 2008 survey.
New line of hard drives for Macs
Toshiba has launched a new line of portable hard drives for Macs called Toshiba Canvio. The external portable hard drives come preloaded with some Mac backup software and are available in 500GB, 750GB, and 1TB capacities.