The upcoming 2nd Annual Mobile Apps 2013 conference in Bangalore, India, will be a great place to meet and network with industry leaders, decision makers, and vendors.
The 2nd Annual Mobile Apps 2013 conference will be held Friday, August 30, 2013, at the Matthan Hotel in Bangalore, India, from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT). The slogan of the conference this year is “An Era of Mobile Killer Apps in a transforming Devices Landscape,” and here are just some of the key themes that will be discussed:
- How smartphones and tablets are changing the way businesses operate and interact more efficiently with customers
- Up-selling and cross-selling via mobile apps
- Channels to market, app stores, and opportunities for partnerships
- Design guidelines and best practices for making your application useful and usable
- Examining the opportunities in cloud-based apps, the next big revenue driver in Asia
- Native apps vs. the mobile web
- The challenge of developing apps for multiple platform launches
- App monetization opportunities via new commercialization opportunities
- What to expect from mobile cloud?
- Examining the worldwide trends in mobile apps and the implications
- How is the future for the mobile vas industry: a vision for 2015
There's also an impressive lineup of speakers, many of whom are leaders in the mobile app industry, including:
- Ochintya Sharma, Vice President, Samsung India
- Anand Subbaraman, Senior Director, Product Strategy, Oracle
- Pragati Ogal Rai, Mobile Technology Evangelist, PayPal (North America)
- Vineet Durani, Director - Windows Phone Business Group, Microsoft
- Sudhakar S Marthi, Vice President - Global Business Development, ZOHO Corp
- Rakesh Agrawal, Head of R&D, Developer SDK,Nokia
- Praful Bhoyar, Portfolio Director, Dell
- Zubin Jimmy Dubash, Chief Strategy Officer, AppsDaily
In 2009, Ilja Laurs, chief executive of GetJar, predicted that the market for mobile applications will be "as big as the internet," peaking at 10 million apps in 2020. Here are some more statistics and predictions, according to the 2nd Annual Mobile Apps 2013 conference promotional copy:India has over 800+ million mobile connections and 50-150m mobile internet users. By 2015, India is expected to have 237 million mobile internet “activated” connections. Mobile App Stats in India -- 100 million apps being downloaded in India every month. India’s app developer base is estimated at 250,000.