PCMag.com recently offered a couple of little tidbits in regard to the job outlook at Facebook. Currently they have 330 job openings that break down like this:
- Sales and Business Development-57
- Software Engineering -55
- Communication, public policy, product management, growth and analytics-38
- HR and Recruiting-35
- Technical Operations-31
- Online Operations-30
- Legal, Finance, Facilities and Admin-28
- IT and Security-24
- Platform and Product Marketing-21
- Design and user experience -11
Facebook currently receives about 250,000 resumes a year, so getting hired is obviously not a cake walk, but they give preference to Builders who have built their own apps, launched products or organizations, frequently use Facebook, and have a reference from inside the company.
Toni Bowers is the former Managing Editor of TechRepublic and is the award-winning blogger of the Career Management blog. She has edited newsletters, books, and web sites pertaining to software, IT career, and IT management issues.