Here are some pretty cool iPhone apps that can help you a great deal in your job search. Networking
- LinkedIn—Offers on-the-go access to your professional network
- BeKnown— Is the professional networking app by Monster.com on Facebook; makes it easy to tap into new professional opportunities anywhere
- SnapDat Digital Business Cards-Lets you design and send digital business cards directly from your iPhone.
- Jobs by CareerBuilder.com—Offers a unique and powerful way to search nearly two million jobs on CareerBuilder.com. This app allows you to search by keyword, location, company, employment type, and lets you apply to jobs. It also has a GPS for finding jobs near you. You can sync your CareerBuilder account with your phone.
- Monster.com Jobs—Automatically syncs with your online account (your resumes, job applications, cover letters, saved searches, saved jobs, etc.) Lets you search for and filter jobs. You can also apply to the job using the app.
- Job Search Engine—-Is LinkUp's unique search engine that is updated daily and lists only jobs that are found on company and employer websites.
- JobCompass—Searches millions of jobs, locating and plotting them on a map that shows you exactly where the jobs are in relation to your current position.
- Interview Buzz LITE—Contains 50+ interview questions with answers and 80 commonly asked practice questions. Includes interview attire tips for men and women, and the ability to get dynamic interview questions and answers from the Internet using RSS.
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions-Helps job seekers pinpoint what employers are really asking with every question and what they want to hear in response.
Toni Bowers is Managing Editor of TechRepublic and is the award-winning blogger of the Career Management blog. She has edited newsletters, books, and web sites pertaining to software, IT career, and IT management issues.