SIMposium 08 will be held November 9-12, 2008 in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Produced by SIM and the SIM Central Florida Chapter, it is designed for and by CIOs to enable peer-to-peer exchange on current business issues, to examine industry best practices, and to further develop business alliances.
The theme of this year's conference — Magic of IT: Bridging the Past, Present, and Future — shapes the three-and-a-half day practitioner-driven program.
Here is the roster of keynote speakers, according to the SIMposium press release:
- Nicholas Carr, author of the new book The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, from Edison to Google
- Lloyd Taylor, Vice President of Technical Operations at LinkedIn (previously the Director of Global Operations at Google)
- Russell Romanella, Director of the International Space Station/Payload Processing Directorate, NASA
- Doug Keeley, CEO and Chief Storyteller for The Mark of a Leader
- Erik Wahl, inspirational artist and speaker, The Wahl Group
The conference program also includes sessions by industry leaders concentrating on five focus areas around driving business value through IT: Next Wave of IT Innovation, Between Concept and Reality, Breaking Tradition...Driving Business Value, Attributes of Innovative Leaders, and Discovering Innovation.
Complete event details are available at simposium.simnet.org.
Toni Bowers is the former Managing Editor of TechRepublic and is the award-winning blogger of the Career Management blog. She has edited newsletters, books, and web sites pertaining to software, IT career, and IT management issues.