Employees say more and more that work-life balance is them most important feature that they look for in companies. Here are ten companies that, according to Glassdoor, lead in work-life balance.
In most major surveys about job satisfaction, the issue of work-life balance is at the top, even more important than salary. For those of you interested in this, I'm featuring the ten companies that have the best work-life balance, according to Glassdoor.
- The MITRE Corporation is a not-for-profit organization that applies expertise in systems engineering, information technology, operational concepts, and enterprise modernization to address sponsors' critical needs. The employees are sharp and driven to do what is right for the government agencies they serve and the American taxpayer. Work-life balance is very real and everyone is encouraged to take time off and keep their work hours under control. Click here to see job openings at MITRE.
- North Highland is an industry consultant firm that offers an employee stock ownership plan and, according to employees, offers the freedom to mold your own career path. Click her for job openings at North Highland.
- Agilent Technologies calls itself the world's premier measurement company. According to employees, Agilent generally "pays a little less than their competitors, but they respect and value their employees and their families. The work environment is much less stressful than the competition." Click here to see job openings.
- SAS Institute is a leader in business analytics software and services. SAS offers benefits like an aquatic center, onsite childcare, subsidized meals at the onsite cafes, gym, and so on. Click here to see job openings.
- CareerBuilder.com's employees say, "Great benefits. People are fun, really smart. Good balance between home and work. Casual dress code. Knowledge sharing is abundant." Click here to see job listings.
- REI, a camping gear retailer—Work-life balance is REI's core value. Employees say, the company is "serious and care about work-life balance of staff. Offers flexible work days/hours for full time employees" and "Fun is in the company DNA." Click here to see job openings.
- National Instruments - The pros according to employees are smart co-workers and technologically advanced products that allow engineers to engage and learn. "The company supports personal initiatives and encourages people's many interests, both work- and hobby-related." Click here for job openings.
- LinkedIn-The social networking giant is known for its highly collaborative environment. It also boasts "InDay" - one day a month that employees can commit to personal projects or team development projects. Click here to see job openings.
- United Space Alliance (USA) — Flexible hours, good health insurance, great work environment. There are currently no job listings for USA.
- Rackspace, an open cloud company, has, according to employees, an emphasis on personal fulfillment and job satisfaction, flexible schedules and good benefits. Click here to see job openings.