Still scratching your head over cloud computing technology? You can ask the Google experts about their cloud apps and how they're handling security.
IT expert and blogger Rick Vanover has been doing a great job introducing the notion of cloud computing and explaining how cloud solutions can be usefully integrated into an organization's technology landscape. But if you're still getting your head around it, there are two upcoming live Webcasts, sponsored by Google, that you might be interested in. If you have questions you haven't heard asked before, now is your chance to put them to some of the experts at Google.
First up is the hot topic of security: "How Google Tackles IT Security - and What You Can Learn from It," featuring members of the Google Security Team -- Bradley Taylor, Eric Sachs, and John Flynn. Here is what you can expect to be covered:
- What are the latest security threats against Web-based apps
- What best practices does Google employ to protect Google Apps
- How does Google monitor, detect, and respond to threats
- Plus live Q & A!
- A streamlined IT infrastructure
- A platform for innovation and increased employee satisfaction
- Significant cost savings
Get caught up
Here's a selection of Rick's cloud computing posts to give you some food for thought and a look at competing cloud apps and tools: