- Luke and Leia = Brother and sister
- The lame demise of Boba Fett
- Stormtroopers that can't kill Ewoks
- Chewbacca's "Tarzan" yell
- The fish people are called Mon Calamari
- You can wipe out a Super Star Destroyer with one lucky A-Wing crash
- Taking shiny gold Threepio and bright white Artoo on a mission where everyone else wears camouflage
- Rebel strike teams that get captured by Ewoks
- The invincible Emperor dies like Wile E. Coyote
Oh, and just for good measure—Jedi could have been directed by David Lynch, but the fiendishly avante gard director turned Lucas down. Now, given that Lynch didn't exactly do the greatest job with Dune, he might not have been able to salvage Jedi, but at least the failure would have been spectacularly more interesting.
Jay Garmon has a vast and terrifying knowledge of all things obscure, obtuse, and irrelevant. One day, he hopes to write science fiction, but for now he'll settle for something stranger — amusing and abusing IT pros. Read his full profile. You can also follow him on his personal blog.