A great blog post is one that provokes a reaction, so here's a list of the top 10 Geekend posts (excluding Geek Trivia) of 2008 that generated the most comments.
- The geek movies you’re embarrassed you like (308)
- 10 sci-fi technologies that just might happen (276)
- The worst science fiction TV shows (252)
- Is Google a god? (212)
- Sci-fi and fantasy books that “make you dumb” (194)
- Sci-fi rant: Why giant mecha robots are stupid (167)
- The Feds are data mining World of Warcraft — surely, you can’t be serious? (136)
- Steve Jobs: “People don’t read anymore” (112)
- Poll: Which sci-fi/fantasy presidential ticket gets your vote? (94)
- Top 10 sci-fi curse words (82)
Test your command of useless knowledge by signing up for TechRepublic's Geek Trivia newsletter, delivered every Wednesday, to find out how much of a geek you really are. Automatically sign up today!
Jay Garmon has a vast and terrifying knowledge of all things obscure, obtuse, and irrelevant. One day, he hopes to write science fiction, but for now he'll settle for something stranger — amusing and abusing IT pros. Read his full profile. You can also follow him on his personal blog.