March 24th is Ada Lovelace Day, which is an international day of blogging to celebrate the achievements of women in technology and science. In honor of this geeky holiday, we're highlighting TechRepublic Senior Editor Sonja Thompson's interviews from our Women in IT series and females featured in our TechRepublic Member Spotlight series.
- Tricia Liebert (TiggerTwo), IT Consultant
- Lynn Jackson (gadgetgirl), Incident Investigation
- Shelley O'Sullivan (Shellbot), Database Administration
- Michelle Poston (maecuff), Programmer / Developer
- Esther Dyson, Technology Commentator
- Kendra Taylor, PMS Clan leader and systems engineer
- Nelly Yusupova, founder of DigitalWoman.com and CTO of Webgrrls International
- TR Member Spotlight with Boxfiddler
- TR Member Spotlight with ganyssa
- TR Member Spotlight with KSoniat
- TR Member Spotlight with AV
- TR Member Spotlight with Tink!
- TR Member Spotlight with GSG
- TR Member Spotlight with linuxchic
- TR Member Spotlight PurpleSkys (and Darryl)
Also, check out ZDNet blogger Mary Jo Foley's interview with Julie Larson-Green, Corporate Vice President, Program Management, Windows Client. This is Mary Jo's first installment in her series on 10 Microsoft Women to Watch.
And, our pal Jay Garmon wrote a women-in-tech-worthy Geek Trivia back in 2007 in which he asked: Which of the six women who were the original primary programmers for ENIAC went on to lay the groundwork for both COBOL and Fortran?
If you're a woman working in IT, tell us what you like the most and the least about working in this industry.Where the geeky things are Need a break from the daily grind? Then sign up for TechRepublic's Geekend newsletter, delivered each Friday. You'll receive off-topic chatter about all things geeky, including science fiction, movies, gaming, books, space, gadgets, and more. Automatically subscribe today!
Mary Weilage is a Feature Editor for CBS Interactive. She has worked for TechRepublic since 1999.