Geekend contributor Andy Moon has been playing card games, board games, arcade games, and video games for more than 30 years. In a TechRepublic gallery in which he recounts the video games that have been most influential to him, Andy says that he's particularly fond of adventure games, and his two favorite series are Halo and Civilization.
Which arcade and video games have been most influential to you? Let us know in the discussion.
More gaming resources on TechRepublic
- E3 2010 highlights: Kinect, Nintendo 3DS, Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo 5
- Geek Gifts 2010: Alienware M11x gaming notebook
- Geeks of any age should play this game
- Research indicates gaming is good for the brain
- Do video games really make you fat, depressed?
- Dinosaur Sighting: The Atari 2600 Video Computer System
- Dinosaur sightings: Wolfenstein 3D changes everything
- Gallery: Pac-Man at 30
TechRepublic's Geekend newsletter, delivered each Friday, features off-topic chatter about all things geeky, including science fiction, movies, gaming, books, space, gadgets, and more. Automatically subscribe today!
Related Topics:After Hours Innovation Hardware Tech & Work
Mary Weilage is a Feature Editor for CBS Interactive. She has worked for TechRepublic since 1999.