Behold, the homebrew Pac-Man arcade cabinet-slash-costume, complete with instructions and supply list for building your own. Plus, a build-your-own iMac-imitating PC, a dissected Roomba robo-vacuum, Open Office Easter Eggs, close up views of some Saturnian moons, and one cracked open digital camera.
Geeks love classic arcade games (Pac-Man). Geeks love dressing up in elaborate costumes (Klingons). Thus, it was only a matter of time before some one came up with a costume that is an arcade game. Behold, the homebrew Pac-Man arcade cabinet-slash-costume, complete with instructions and supply list for building your own. That, my friends, is how a true geek hacks his Halloween.
- Gallery: The all-in-one dual-core VESA Stand PC mod Forget the iMac or Gateway One. You can build your own all-in-one widescreen uber-PC with these instructions.
- Cracking Open the iRobot Roomba We ripped apart a Roomba robo-vac to seek what makes this TR-favorite automaton tic.
- Take a look at OpenOffice game Easter Eggs The ultimate open source MS Office imitator even copied the idea of hiding some clever Easter Eggs in the software. Take that, Ballmer!
- Photos: Scientists unlocking Saturn moon mysteries Two new Saturnian mysteries uncovered by NASA's Cassini probe: Dark-spotted moons and extreme lunar eruptions.
- Cracking open a digital camera Look inside the gadgets that's looking at you as we disassemble a common Vivitar digital camera.