Star Trek: TNG's Data, The Big Bang Theory's Sheldon, and M*A*S*H's Radar are all geeky, but which fictional TV character is the geekiest of them all?
Who do you think is the geekiest TV character, past or present? We're looking for fictional characters (humans and non-humans) rather than, say, the folks from MythBusters. We're particularly leaning toward the tech/science nerds rather than the Steve Urkel from Family Matters type of character, although feel free to make a case if you think the non-tech geek should be in the running too.
- Dr. Sheldon Cooper - The Big Bang Theory
- Doctor Who - Doctor Who (1963- 1989), (2005 - present)
- Radar O'Reilly - M*A*S*H
- The Lone Gunmen - The X-Files
- Chuck Bartowski - Chuck
- Daniel Faraday - Lost
- Dr. Sam Beckett - Quantum Leap
- Frylock - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
- Dr. Rodney McKay - Stargate Atlantis
- Abby Sciuto - NCIS
- Special Agent Timothy McGee - NCIS
- Data - Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Twiki - Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
- Rosie the Robot - The Jetsons
- Robot - Lost in Space
- Bender - Futurama
There are lots of geeky characters (think of all the Joss Whedon shows alone) that aren't represented here, so please take the poll and then join in the discussion.
Sign up for the Geekend newsletter
TechRepublic's Geekend newsletter, delivered each Friday, features off-topic chatter about all things geeky, including science fiction, movies, gaming, books, space, gadgets, and more. Automatically subscribe today!