The following tid-bits were all discovered after browsing through a backlog of 80 or so SF Signal posts. If you ain't reading Mr. DeNardo's Hugo-nominated blog, you can't really call yourself a full-fledged online SF geek.
- TechnOrigami: Turn a floppy disk in the Starship Enterprise
- The physics of Buckaroo Banzai
- Think you're a great project manager? OK, smart guy, try building the next Death Star.
- Behold: The R2-D2 Mobile Entertainment System
- How to build a Lego trebuchet (that's "catapult" to you non D&Ders)
- Free sci-fi-themed 2007 calendar
- Free online science fiction: Cory Doctorow's "When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth"
- Debate: This is why people don't read science fiction. No, wait, this is why people don't read science fiction.
- Coming soon: The Battlestar Galactica roleplaying game.
Jay Garmon has a vast and terrifying knowledge of all things obscure, obtuse, and irrelevant. One day, he hopes to write science fiction, but for now he'll settle for something stranger — amusing and abusing IT pros. Read his full profile. You can also follow him on his personal blog.