Just in time for the U.S. presidential election we're all sick and tired of seeing, hearing, and reading about, we've got a laundry list of all the classic Geek Trivia questions that have addressed the hidden secrets and maniacal minutia of the U.S. presidency (with another to come this week). Enjoy! (Or don't. It's a free country, supposedly.)
- Geek Trivia: Secret to his success(ion) What obscure point of constitutional law kept David Rice Atchison from unknowingly becoming president in 1849?
- Geek Trivia: Out at first, but ruled safe How did minor league baseball almost cost America a future president?
- Geek Trivia: (Air) Forcing the issue Why was the U.S. Presidential aircraft given the call sign Air Force One?
- Geek Trivia: Early bird special Which U.S. president wanted to reschedule Thanksgiving to accommodate Christmas shopping?
- Geek Trivia: Federal funning What federal holiday did Grover Cleveland sign into law to save an election for his political party?
Jay Garmon has a vast and terrifying knowledge of all things obscure, obtuse, and irrelevant. One day, he hopes to write science fiction, but for now he'll settle for something stranger — amusing and abusing IT pros. Read his full profile. You can also follow him on his personal blog.