Below are the ten highest-rated videos to appear within the Geekend in 2007. Apparently, anything to do with Star Wars, software development, or destruction of property will get you monkeys clicking the thumbs-up like it's going out of style. Expect more videos covering these topics to appear in 2008. (Hey, we're in this for the pageviews, people.) Until then, enjoy your audio/video nostalgia.
- Simpsons opening sequence, Star Wars-style
- Ultimate amateur lightsaber duel
- USS Enterprise versus the Death Star
- Bill Gates, meet the Blue Screen of Death
- Hammer-smashing an Apple iPhone
- The official software developer theme song
- Punishing computers for their awful sins
- Vista versus Leopard versus Linux
- Homemade wooden binary adding machine
- Today’s gratuitous lightsaber duel video
Jay Garmon has a vast and terrifying knowledge of all things obscure, obtuse, and irrelevant. One day, he hopes to write science fiction, but for now he'll settle for something stranger — amusing and abusing IT pros. Read his full profile. You can also follow him on his personal blog.