- Frak (v.), Battlestar Galactica
- Frell (v.), Farscape
- Gorram (adj.), Firefly
- Shazbot (n.), Mork & Mindy
- Poodoo (n.), Star Wars
- Smeg (n.), Red Dwarf
- Farathoom (n.), Don't Bite The Sun
- Shock (v.), Spiderman 2099
- "I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle" (v.), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Smurf (v.), The Smurfs
Setting aside the vast lexicon of Klingon curse words (and my opinion of same), it's a respectable list. Still the inclusion of smurf may be stretching the point—both as a swear word and as science fiction—though that's hardly the strangest use of smurf I've come across. Did they miss any good ones?
Jay Garmon has a vast and terrifying knowledge of all things obscure, obtuse, and irrelevant. One day, he hopes to write science fiction, but for now he'll settle for something stranger — amusing and abusing IT pros. Read his full profile. You can also follow him on his personal blog.