So long as we're boning up on our science-fiction vocabulary, io9 has tracked down the top ten sci-fi curse words, for your faux-profanity pleasure.
- Frak (v.), Battlestar Galactica
- Frell (v.), Farscape
- Gorram (adj.), Firefly
- Shazbot (n.), Mork & Mindy
- Poodoo (n.), Star Wars
- Smeg (n.), Red Dwarf
- Farathoom (n.), Don't Bite The Sun
- Shock (v.), Spiderman 2099
- "I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle" (v.), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Smurf (v.), The Smurfs
Setting aside the vast lexicon of Klingon curse words (and my opinion of same), it's a respectable list. Still the inclusion of smurf may be stretching the point--both as a swear word and as science fiction--though that's hardly the strangest use of smurf I've come across. Did they miss any good ones?