Join in the TechRepublic discussion about the geeky pursuits or interests your father introduced you to as a kid or as an adult.
We posed this question on TechRepublic's Facebook page: What geeky pursuits or interests did your father introduce you to as a kid or as an adult? Here are some of the responses we received from members:
- My dad inspired my gaming interest,when he bought a computer back in 1995,with PacMAN onboard:-) — Allan KaptƎn
- Computers! He had one of the first personal computers ever made. But more importantly, he raised me to think out of the box and be a good troubleshooter, which certainly helps in IT! — Devora Locke
- We stayed up late getting the vehicle electronics working as he explained what each part does. — Kevin Njoroge
- Those electronic project kits from radio shack. — Jerry Smith
- Building the TRS-80 Color Computer and playing board games from Strategy and Tactics magazine! — Andy Moon
Tell us if your father or stepfather made an indelible imprint on your introduction to geek culture.