- While geeks and nerds may be awkward, theyre well-meaning 9 out of 10 times.
- Theyre useful. In this tech-savvy world, its great to have a b/f who
can make your laptop, desktop, and just about anything else that plugsinto a wall behave itself.
- Theyre more romantic than theyre given credit for. Ok true, their
idea of romance might be to make up a spiffy web-page with all the
reasons why they love you, with links to pics of you and sonnets and
such... but hey. It lasts longer than flowers, plus you can show yourfriends.
- Due to their neglected status, there are plenty to choose from.
- Theyve got brains. Come on now, how can intelligence be a bad thing?
- Most are quite good at remembering dates. Like birthdates and such,
especially if they know itll make you happy. Due again to their
neglected status, theyre more attentive than guys who have moreoptions.
- Theyre relatively low-maintenance. Most can be fueled on pizza, Twinkies and Mt Dew.
- Although he may not want to go to every outing with you, you can
arrange swaps, as in, youll go to his Gamer Con dressed as an elfprincess if hell take you to the ballet.
- His friends arent jerks. I cant stress this enough. Youll more
likely get Omg! A GIRL!! Can I see?! than Hey hot stuff back thatass up here and let me get some grub on...
- You wont have to worry about him flirting with other women because, 9
out of 10 times, hell zip right by them in a perfect b-line towardsthe nearest electronics store.
Jay Garmon has a vast and terrifying knowledge of all things obscure, obtuse, and irrelevant. One day, he hopes to write science fiction, but for now he'll settle for something stranger — amusing and abusing IT pros. Read his full profile. You can also follow him on his personal blog.