"News to know" is a joint venture between TechRepublic and ZDNet. The original post publishes every morning on business days in Between the Lines.Notable headlines for Tuesday, April 15, 2008: Paul Mah: Security news roundup: Oracle announces bonanza of patches for 41 holes, older WordPress blogs succumbs en masse Paul Mah: Playing your part for a greener IT Jason Hiner: IBM expert explains the ROI story for SOA and talks new tools Toni Bowers: Did Google misuse non-compete agreements of DoubleClick employees? Justin James: Microsoft Evangelist Blain Barton discusses systems administration Jason Hiner: Sanity check: Will the Google revolution engulf IT departments? Ed Bott: Making sense of Windows' irrational pricing and licensing Robin Harris: 2.5" disks to become new standard in 2009 TechRepublic: 10 common mistakes to avoid when you're installing Linux software Christopher Dawson: My kid hates Linux. First my kid hates Linux, now I have to buy laptops with Vista Adrian Kingsley-Hughes: PhysX coming to GeForce 8/9 owners soon Larry Dignan: Is AOL a viable option for Yahoo against Microsoft? Exclusive: Google App Engine ported to Amazon's EC2 Jason O'Grady: Mac clones to rise again?
- Adrian Kingsley-Hughes: Who's interested in a non-Apple Mac? Techmeme
- Apple releases Apple TV 2.0.2 update (updated)
- Review: Tom Bihn's Ristretto bag for the MBA
- Gallery: Tom Bihn's Ristretto bag for the MacBook Air
- David Morgenstern: GizMac updates small Xserve enclosures with air filtration system
- FirmTek targets MacBook Air owners with hub for FireWire, eSATA
- AppleInsider: Apple acknowledges graphics glitch with latest notebooks
- Salesforce.com and Google open more cans of worms
- Larry Dignan: Google and Salesforce.com: Why don't they merge?
Kingsley-Hughes: Why I didn't buy an iPhoneGoogle mapping spec now an industry standard Roland Piquepaille: A 2-billion-year window into the Earth Dennis Howlett: C'mon Oracle, more noise please Matthew Miller: Willcom D4 runs with an Intel Atom processor in a sleek form factor CBS Interactive Opening Menlo Park Office; Big Acquisition Needed? Dana Blankenhorn: Moodle your way out of the education muddle
- Is "working on it" just open source FUD?
- Working in a small business can make you sick
- Microsoft gets its first award for HealthVault
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.