News to know for April 16, 2008, features stories about: the epic Microsoft-Yahoo saga, Zune VideoX, MySQL 5.1, Pystar's Mac clones, and much more.
"News to know" is a joint venture between TechRepublic and ZDNet. The original post publishes every morning on business days in Between the Lines.Notable headlines for Wednesday, April 16, 2008: Tricia Liebert: Taking it to the … Web. Starbucks wants your ideas. Jason Hiner: A visual diagram of the epic Microsoft-Yahoo saga Toni Bowers: Anger in the office: Its effect could depend on your gender Mary Jo Foley: Zune VideoX: Microsoft's iTunes killer? Intel's quarter on target: The tech sector exhales Video: Hi-tech shoe shopping Garett Rogers: Add videos of your business to Google Maps Paula Rooney: Sun debuts MySQL 5.1 with no licensing change Apple seeking engineers with the right touch Jason O'Grady: Attack of the clones: Psystar to battle Apple on EULA
- Larry Dignan: Psystar's Mac clones: The pics
- Photos: Psystar's Mac clones (right)
- Adrian Kingsley-Hughes: Psystar: Apple's terms violate U.S. monopoly laws
- Morgenstern: Preview's CMYK conversion bug
- fring VoIP and IM client is now available for the Apple iPhone
- Third-party VoIP app for the iPhone - How will Apple respond to this?