News to know for April 11, 2008 features stories about: military equipment winding up on Craigslist and eBay, Gartner analysts' prediction that Windows is "collapsing," tips for handling technology failures, the latest on Microhoo, and much more.
"News to know" is a joint venture between TechRepublic and ZDNet. The original post publishes every morning on business days in Between the Lines.Notable headlines: Paul Mah: Gartner analysts think that Windows is 'collapsing' Larry Dignan: With new support for third party apps, Cisco routers start to look like servers Tricia Liebert: I found it on Craigslist — an F-14 and night vision goggles Jason Hiner: Five seismic trends for IT management in 2008 Beth Blakely: TR Out Loud - April 11, 2008 Larry Dignan: Traditional software licensing: Could a customer revolt cook the model? The week in video:
- Cisco's virtual health care project
- Sun Labs looks into 'proximity communications'
- RSA 2008: Sizing up security
- RSA 2008: Emerging tech for secure networks
- The chief security officer's evolving role
- The future, reusable paper
- Gallery: Tom Bihn's Ristretto bag for the MacBook Air (right)
- Wired: The Mac Guru of Damascus
- Adrian Kingsley-Hughes: Where are Apple's high-end gaming Macs?
————————————————————————————————————————Stay on top of the latest tech news
Get this news story and many more by subscribing to our free IT News Digest newsletter, delivered each weekday. Automatically sign up today!