"News to know" is a joint venture between TechRepublic and ZDNet. The original post publishes every morning on business days in Between the Lines.Notable headlines: Tricia Liebert: The impact of the hive mind- all of us are smarter than one of us Paul Mah: University professor says Wikipedia fosters a climate of blind trust Selena Frye: IDC: Linux has proved itself in the enterprise and its rise will continue Paul Mah: More than half of SMBs have more than one business location Phil Wainewright: Salesforce and Google team to conquer the enterprise
Garett Rogers: Google announces SalesForce integration with Google Apps TechmemeMary Jo Foley: The big reveal: Live Mesh Statement: Blockbuster proposes to buy Circuit City Cloud computing in depth:
- Dion Hinchcliffe: Comparing Amazon's and Google's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Offerings
- Dana Gardner: Google App Engine creation process live on Twitter
- Garett Rogers: The problem with Google Apps Engine
- Joe McKendrick: Is Cloud computing too good to be true for enterprises?
- Phil Wainewright: Google: App Engine 'not fit for business'. Is Facebook a PaaS contender?
- Dana Blankenhorn: Google Cloud draws open source
- Surprise! IBM brings SOA to the real world with new tools
- 10+ dumb business decisions that can take a company down
Christopher Dawson: My kid hates LinuxAmazon: Storage Space, The Final Frontier Larry Dignan: AMD's CTO steps down; Chipmaker says bench strong A lawyer inside your PC - British software can flag corporate nefariousness TechCrunch: GrandCentral Offline: If You Wanna Be A Phone Company, You Can't Go Dead Michael Krigsman: Absolutely amazing: Integrator completes ERP project on-time Heather Clancy: Sun revs its data center efficiency message
- When should you tackle that data center rationalization project?
- Harry Fuller: Hey, Toto, maybe we should be in Kansas? In Maryland wind turbines get banned!
- Dana Blankenhorn: The Linux lesson Windows needs
- Dignan: Windows is a glacier and glaciers don't melt overnight
- Foley: Reports of Windows' demise are greatly exaggerated
Rik Fairlie: How to network Outlook using Google Apps
Jason Perlow: Progress on standardizing the @#$%! chargers
Hulu: Sharing is good
Computerworld: Three different hackers found 'Pwn To Own' bug
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.