Novell have released OpenSuse 10.3, the latest free version of its Linux operating system distribution.
Novell have released openSUSE 10.3, the latest free version of its Linux operating system distribution.
openSUSE tends to be a faste-moving distribution of Linux from Novell and various outside contributors. It competes directly with the likes of Canonical's Ubuntu and Red Hat's Fedora.
The openSUSE team is proud to announce the release of openSUSE 10.3. Promoting the use of Linux everywhere, the openSUSE project provides free, easy access to the world’s most usable Linux distribution, openSUSE. openSUSE is released regularly, is stable, secure, contains the latest free and open source software, and comes with several new technologies.
The notable features this time around other than the new beautiful green artwork are:
- Version 2.6.22 of the Linux kernel
- Inclusion of OpenOffice.org 2.3
- Xen 3.1 and VirtualBox 1.5 virtualization software
- Experimental version of the KVM virtualization software
- One-click install option of openSUSE packages stored onlineEasier installation support for proprietary audio and video codecs. MP3 support is now out-of-the-box.