With the news that Scott McNealy has stepped down as CEO at Sun, there have already been a number of retrospective looks at his tenure and his impact on the technology field. However, my favorite piece on McNealy was News.com's list of famous zingers delivered by the razor-tongued McNealy. Here are my top five:
5. "Technology has the shelf life of a banana."
4. "If I could embed a locator chip in my child right now, I know I would do that. Some people call that Big Brother; I call it being a father."
3. "You already have zero privacy--get over it."
2. "Open source is free like a puppy is free."
1. "With Microsoft, the first hit is always free--remember that all your life."
Don't worry, Scott, we'll remember. We'll remember.