With the news that Scott McNealy has stepped down as CEO at Sun, there have already been a number of retrospective looks at his tenure and his impact on the technology field. However, my favorite piece on McNealy was News.com's list of famous zingers delivered by the razor-tongued McNealy. Here are my top five:
5. "Technology has the shelf life of a banana."
4. "If I could embed a locator chip in my child right now, I know I would do that. Some people call that Big Brother; I call it being a father."
3. "You already have zero privacy—get over it."
2. "Open source is free like a puppy is free."
1. "With Microsoft, the first hit is always free—remember that all your life."
Don't worry, Scott, we'll remember. We'll remember.
Related Topics:Innovation Digital Transformation Artificial Intelligence Internet of Things Smart Cities Hardware
Jason Hiner has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Jason Hiner is Global Editor in Chief of TechRepublic and Global Long Form Editor of ZDNet. He's co-author of the book, Follow the Geeks.