A recent online survey of 900 professionals conducted by Yahoo HotJobs shows how wireless devices affect peoples' professional and private lives. See the news story: "Poll: PDAs, laptops blurring work/home balance."
Here is a peek at some of the results:
- Eighty-one percent stay connected with a mobile phone
- Sixty-five percent use a laptop to keep in touch
- Nineteen percent have adopted smart phones (cell phones with computer-like functions)
- Seventy-five percent said they used their wireless devices equally for work and personal reasons
- Almost 30 percent were so attached to their wireless devices that they only switched them off while sleeping
- Sixty-seven percent admit to having used a wireless device to connect to work while on vacation
- More than 25 percent think they are kept on a permanent corporate leash
Does your wireless device(s) blur your work/home balance? Take the polls below, and find out how connected (read = addicted) you and other TechRepublic members are to your wireless device(s).
Related Topics:Networking Data Centers Storage Hardware Security Virtualization Cloud
Sonja Thompson started at TechRepublic in October 1999. She is a former Senior Editor at TechRepublic.