Setting up a presentation to run all by itself — at a kiosk, say, or on your Web site — requires just a few steps. Mary Ann Richardson explains how to set slide transitions and configure the show to run on its own.
When you can't deliver your presentation to your audience in person, let the presentation come to them. For example, let's say you want to prepare a slide show for your investors to view online from your Web site.
First, you will need to set the timing for each slide transition. For instance, to set the timing transition for 10 seconds, follow these steps:
- Open the presentation in Slide Sorter view and then press Crtl + A (Figure A).
- Go to Slide Show | Slide Transitions. (In PowerPoint 2007, Click the Animations tab.)
- Under Advanced (Advance Slide in 2007), click the Automatically After check box and enter 10 In the text box.
To create the self-running show, follow these steps:
- Go to Slide Show | Set Up Show. (In Office 2007, click the Slide Show tab and then click Set Up Slide Show in the Set Up group.)
- Under Show Type, click Browsed At A Kiosk (Full Screen) option (Figure B) and click OK.
Get a steady supply of Office tips
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook tips, delivered each Wednesday.