One simple way to improve your report design is to number each item. Mary Ann Richardson steps through an example that demonstrates this technique.
You can make a long report easier to reference by numbering the line items sequentially. For example, to number the example Employee Statistics Report shown in Figure A, follow these steps:
- Open the report in Design View.
- Place a text box named txtRunningSum at the left side of the report's detail section.
- Click in the Control Source property and enter =1 (Figure B).
- Click in the Visible property and select No.
- Click in the Running Sum property and select Over All.
- Add another text box next to txtRunningSum.
- Enter this code in the Control Source property: =[txtRunningSum]&"."
Miss an Access tip?
Check out the Microsoft Access archive and catch up on other Access tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.