PowerPoint opens in Normal view, by default. However, once you save a file, PowerPoint will open that file in the view last saved. That last setting makes good sense, allowing you to start up where you left off-but it might not be the most appropriate opening view for you. If you find yourself switching views after opening a PowerPoint file, consider resetting this default option as follows:
- Click the File tab and choose Options (under Help). In PowerPoint 2007, click the Office button and then click PowerPoint Options.
- In both 2010 and 2007, choose Advanced in the left pane.
- Choose the most appropriate option from the Open All Documents Using This View dropdown in the Display section.
- Click OK.
If you're using PowerPoint 2003, do the following:
- Choose Options from the Tools menu.
- Click the View tab.
- Select a view from the Open All Documents Using This View dropdown in the Default View section.
- Click OK.
There are several self-explanatory options; choose the one that best reflects your working habits.
Related Topics:Software Enterprise Software Developer Open Source Software Mobility Cloud
Susan Sales Harkins is an IT consultant, specializing in desktop solutions. Previously, she was editor in chief for The Cobb Group, the world's largest publisher of technical journals.