Reset PowerPoint's default view setting to one that matches your work habits and current needs.
PowerPoint opens in Normal view, by default. However, once you save a file, PowerPoint will open that file in the view last saved. That last setting makes good sense, allowing you to start up where you left off-but it might not be the most appropriate opening view for you. If you find yourself switching views after opening a PowerPoint file, consider resetting this default option as follows:
- Click the File tab and choose Options (under Help). In PowerPoint 2007, click the Office button and then click PowerPoint Options.
- In both 2010 and 2007, choose Advanced in the left pane.
- Choose the most appropriate option from the Open All Documents Using This View dropdown in the Display section.
- Click OK.
If you're using PowerPoint 2003, do the following:
- Choose Options from the Tools menu.
- Click the View tab.
- Select a view from the Open All Documents Using This View dropdown in the Default View section.
- Click OK.
There are several self-explanatory options; choose the one that best reflects your working habits.