Excel's Text to Columns feature parses data quickly and almost effortlessly.
- Select the column or data you want to parse.
- Choose Text to Columns from the Data menu. In Excel 2007, click the Data tab and choose Text To Columns in the Data Tools group.
- Click the Delimited option and click Next.
- Click the Space option in the Delimiters section. Now, this won't always be the case, but a single space character usually separates first and last names. Take a minute to view the results in the Data Preview pane. If you don't get the expected results, try another delimiter.
- If everything looks good, click Finish.