Word 2007's Normal template uses a new default font, Calibri 11. If you have been using Times New Roman or Arial 12 as your default font, you still can — just change the default. It's easy — Mary Ann Richardson explains how.
Word 2007's Normal template uses a new default font, Calibri 11. If you have been using Times New Roman or Arial 12 as your default font, you still can — simply change the default. For example, to change the default font for the document you are working on to Arial 12, follow these steps:
- Under the Home tab, click the Styles group button to open the Styles window.
- Click the Manage Styles button, which is third from the left at the bottom of the Styles window.
- Select the Set Defaults tab.
- Scroll to and select Arial under Font.
- Under Size, click 12.
- Select the Only In This Document check box.
- Click OK.
Now you no longer have to reformat your Word 2007 document to work in Arial 12.
If you are working on your own machine, you can set the default font for all new documents by clicking the New Documents Based On This Template check box in step 6.Miss a Word tip?
Check out the Microsoft Word archive, and catch up on othert Word tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic's free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.